Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Music Mirror: Music that reflects the piece

Now is the part where I tell you about music that I believe reflects the primary source. Fun Stuff.

Okay. Here it goes.

1. Revolution by the Beatles. I absolutely loooooooovvvvvvveeeeeee that song. I chose this song because it talks about seeing a plan that is not there. A lyric in the song is "You asked me for a contribution." I think that this lyric represents the primary source because the rich asked the SIMPLE, ordinary people to fight for them.

2. Yesterday by the Beatles. Another one of my personal favorites. This song talks about how in the past everything was so simple. "Now it looks as if my troubles are here to stay." Well... just to point out WWI was very troubling. And the effect of it lasted for a very long time. In fact its effects are still probably here.

3. Help! (the exclamation point is very important) by the Beatles. More Beatles, wow, they are amazing for this kind of stuff. "Help me get my feet back off the ground." That is what the elite few said during WWI. Except it was more like "Help me get my investments back so that my feet don't touch the ground."

Aren't the Beatles Great? That wasn't a question. They are its a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment