Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dorothy Parker- Crazy Woman

    Yesterday I was told about a woman by the name of Dorothy Parker.  Of course being the wellish- read person that I am, I had never heard of her. After extensive (kinda, not really) research (wiki) on her, I have found out that she was loony. It turns out that she was a alcoholic, suicidal, writer, who got married three times. I would like to take the time point out that during the 20s, the 18th amendment was passed. This made alcohol illegal. So.... in short, I guess she was also a criminal. Yes, I choose to phrase it that way. Also two out of her three marriages were to the same person. On the up side... she wrote for Vogue, Vanity Fair, and influenced David Sedais. To wrap it up, Dorothy Parker was a a criminal, alcoholic, suicidal, three marriage, type gal.









Picture from: http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/43/21543-004-56AAC180.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment