Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kettles and Kittens

     "My Favorite Things" is one of the most well-known songs from the classic film The Sound of Music. It is sung by Maria. This happens when Gretel and the rest of the children are scared by the thunderstorm. To hear the song click here. It happens to be one of my favorite songs.
     This song holds much historical meaning even though it doesn't sound like it.  The song talks about brown paper packages tied up with spring and girls in white dresses with blue sashes. These are things not commonly seen today. Today, girls wear jeans and t- shirts Packages nowadays come in the blue, red, and white postal boxes. Therefore the things that were favorites back then do not apply today. Now we would talk about loving iPods, phones, and movies.
     This is a song that can get stuck in my head so easily. Like I can hear it and then hear it going round and round in my head all day. Also many of my interests are in the song. I like getting packages, and kittens, and roses. I don't like bees. On the other hand I don't mind if a dog bites and I don't often feel blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment